Thursday, July 30, 2009

A New Review and Other Stuff

An eon has passed and Foggy Foot Review has a new post, this time on John Gardner's Grendel. I also just finished The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood, which was amazing, and will be posting a review on that this week-end. Didn't want to shock anyone by putting up two reviews in such close succession :-)

And in Other Stuff: I'm going to a writing workshop at Stanford tomorrow and am both nervous and excited, Facebook continues to tickle me, and so does my super-neat nephew, whom we get to hang out with this week-end. I'm still looking forward to meeting our super-neat niece in Texas - hopefully soon, and James is back from D.C. which makes me happy because being around him makes me happy.

The madeleine experiment continued with Donna Hay's recipe, which turned out like vaguely shell-shaped sponge cakes. Weird. Didn't taste too bad, but didn't taste too good either, so it's on to the recipe my sister-in-law sent, and one in The Joy of Cooking. Incidentally, I found an awesome chocolate chip cookie recipe in there yesterday, and made it with chocolate and dried cherries - ever-so-yummy. Half the dough is frozen in civilized little balls for future use - ever-so-dangerous. I'll post the recipe on that after I've tried baking the frozen dough.

And that's about it. This ends the State of the Me Address. For now.... Mwah Ha Ha!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Is Stanford close enough that you will get to drive and come home, or is it a get a room and stay for the duration sort of workshop? Hope you really enjoy it, I always thought those would be fun to go to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's close enough that I got to go and come home, although it meant leaving pretty early this morning. It went really well - the workshop portion was nothing new, but the editor critique, and agent/publisher panels were totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that you things went so well!

    ReplyDelete