Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sotomayor and the Great Waste of Airtime

Just a brief note. 

Maybe I'm horribly cynical, but  I can't feeling that Sonia Sotomayor's confirmation hearing is just a public circus. The media blitz that started in the mid-twentieth century sort of guarantees that these things usually are. Public confirmation hearings have become politically motivated efforts at making the American Public feel cozy and involved, when really, the deals already been done. The entire thing is a big waste of airtime for which I'm missing Marketplace and even FreshAir (which doesn't always suck). 

Cynical? Probably. But if I'm going to be shown how the sausage is made, I want to actually be shown. That would be worth airtime. But being fed some Disneyfied version of the political sausage-process with happy, vacuous pigs? Not so much.

There. Note Over.

No comments:

Post a Comment