Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Alice Part Two: Alice goes to the UN

So, since Alice has been doing so well, we decided that she could probably meet Photon for a bit without too much stress, and it went pretty well. Alice, being a kitten, isn't much of a diplomat, so it's a good thing Photon is. Photon came in (he looks *huge* next to her), sniffed around, gave her a where-the-hell-did-you-come-from look, and proceeded to sample her kibbies. There was some hissing and arching of backs, but it was mostly Alice trying to be big. Photon mostly disdained her, which was good. Alice, however, has since then developed a fascination with his tail, which is very long and feathery. Happily, Photon doesn't have a problem reminding her that it isn't a #$&*@ toy.

Vespers, on the other hand, has been made of aware of Alice's existence but has not had the chance to assert herself. Alice took one look at her and skittled waaaay back behind James' feet, thus showing a level of smarts that I hadn't really expected. Then again, I would probably have done the same thing if I was Alice's size and meeting Vesp for the first time. She's really pretty serious in a scary, carnivorous way. 

Anyway, that's all the news that's fit to print in the ongoing adventures of Alice. Now back to your regularly scheduled... whatever it was you were doing before you checked my blog (for which I thank you, by the way).

5 comments:

  1. LOL; yes, Photon's tail is rather irresistible for a ktten, I imagine. And yes, on occassion *I* was scared of Vesp...:) Glad the UN building is going relatively well, and congrats for taking it slow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We figured that in the interest of our house not becoming a Lovecraftian nightmare of feline madness, slower would be better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a hard time not playing with Photon's tail (which, I maintain, is because Bannon and Crow like it, and NOT because I have wild four year old moments and go, "Oh, PRETTY!"), so I can see Alice's fascination. Here's hoping that everything works out with Vespers, and that she will at least tolerate Alice, if not accept her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Testing, testing; this is the 2nd attempt of the lemur kitty commentatatoring system....

    ReplyDelete
  5. mexalapotis: I would definitely settle for tolerance. Luckily, Alice doesn't seem to be the sensitive sort. And I can't blame her about Phot's tail either - it is "PRETTY!"

    ReplyDelete