Wednesday, February 25, 2009

31

Yesterday, I turned 31. It was a little weird. Turning 30 didn't faze me at all. In fact, I was pretty jazzed about it, but 31....

I suspect is has something to do with control. Newsflash: I have control issues.... yes, I know it's hard to believe it, but I do. :) Anyway, while everything's pretty groovy right now, I feel like I'm going to want to hit the pause button on the whole aging thing in a few years - which is, of course, silly. 31 itself isn't a big deal, but if very officially brings me closer to that time when I'm going to want to call a time out. So turning 31, though lovely, was sort of mildly uncomfortable - a nice foreshadowing to the actual discomfort I might feel later on, which is actually kind of awesome. It means that I can keep an eye on it and work on it and get over myself. 

In the end, that's why my birthday has always been important to me - it's like my own personal New Year, and natural time for me to reflect and get some perspective. 31 has given me something to think about beyond which retinol cream to try. Clearly, perspective was needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment