Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Podcasts are NEAT!

Okay, I'm pretty sure that almost everyone in the world already knows that podcasts are NEAT, but I'm a Luddite and hadn't ever actually listened to a podcast until last night. Wow, are podcasts NEAT! It's like radio tailored to your interests! 

I listened to an awesome documentary on Dave Brubeck and an interview with David Guterson, the author of Snow Falling on Cedars and I downloaded a whole passel more - a bunch of "Piano Jazz" and "Thistle and Shamrock" and "The Splendid Table" and "Selected Shorts" and a bunch of other stuff from the BBC and NPR and PRI. It's so cool that I just had to say something, even though I'm admitting to lameness when I say that I only discovered the NEATness of podcasts last night, but wow, the whole idea is awesome. It makes me want to get an MP3 player for the car. 

So anyway, I might be lame and late to hop on the bandwagon, but jeez podcasts are NEAT.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, your blog just ate my post. Grr. Anyhow, just wanted to suggest to download to your iPod instead (a lot of podcasts on iTunes are free) and you can get one of those cable thingys that hooks up your iPod via your car stereo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post it anyway - podcasts are NEAT enough for a raft of posts. I've been downloading all kinds of free podcasts onto my iTunes and from there onto my iPod. I've got Bon Appetite all cued up for the gym tomorrow :)
    Incidentally. have you heard the Splendid Table podcast? I really like it a lot, even though I was a little smidge bit disappointed in the cookbook...

    ReplyDelete